Marketing Manager- Emerging Audiences, MSNBC
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Adapt the MSNBC brand voice for non-linear platforms, including (but not limited to) audio, social and digital media, and OTT.Lead development of strategic positioning, creative briefing, and development of creative assets and campaigns for growing suite of original podcasts. Ideate and execute native digital and social content extensions that drive awareness of and affinity for MSNBC and show brands; bring content extensions to life across digital and social platforms in partnership with respective teams.Serve as marketing thought leader and point person for digital and audio stakeholders from across the organization. Liaise with audio distributors (e.g. Apple, Spotify, Stitcher) to elevate MSNBC content. Develop intimate knowledge of MSNBC’s non-linear platforms and content portfolio, associated consumption behaviors, first- and third-party measurement tools, and emerging media trends.Ensure all marketing creative reflects business objectives and brand positioning, and feels optimized for and native to associated media placements.
The Marketing Manager is a member of the Brand team, focused on the development and implementation of strategies that support MSNBC’s growth among emerging audiences. S/he will work closely with members of the NBC News and MSNBC Marketing department, and with Editorial, Product, Business Development and PR teams, to drive audience growth for MSNBC and its sub-brands.
● 4+ years’ marketing experience in audio or digital content category.
● Ability to translate consumer insights and audience analytics into actionable marketing strategies.
● Fluency in translating content value propositions into emotionally-connected and successful marketing outputs.
● Passionate podcast listener and student of the podcast business.
● Demonstrated understanding of trends in media, marketing, content consumption and distribution.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
● Passion for politics and strong grasp of news and current events.
● Autonomous self-starter.
● Creative, innovative thinker.
● Avid consumer of digital and social content.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.