Manager, Sales Tools & Technology
- Full Time
The Manager of Marketing & Sales Tools
& Technology is responsible for maximizing the business value for M&S
tools through heightened engagement with channel partners, proper maintenance and prioritization of feature backlog, business requirement documentation, testing, and ensuring continuous improvement. This manager must possess a strong business acumen, preferred product owner skills, the ability to quickly grasp and implement technical concepts, and demonstrated problem-solving techniques. This leader also has a strong inclination to foster cross functional relationships across departments with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience leading projects and programs using a structured and methodical approach.
- Project management duties of task management, action plans, launch and/or implementation timelines and activities.
- Provides critical leadership within the order management organization; oversees fulfillment functions to ensure appropriate communication and workflow across all departments.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful system-by-system implementation of new services, service enhancements, process improvement initiatives and/or operations risk mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for partnering with business and technology resources to document formal business requirements for IT development.
- Responsible for conducting root-cause analysis as needed to ensure attainment of order entry targets.
- Communicates company and department goals, strategic vision and information to staff, department leaders, cross functional departments, and stakeholders effectively.
- Manages resources to meet or exceed customer and/or business expectations including but not limited to staffing and workload allocation.
- Partners with stakeholders on strategic business planning and initiatives, pilot testing, implementing best practices and optimizing work-flow to enhance performance and drive effective resource management to meet or exceed customer and business expectations.
- Works with internal business partners to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded.
- Partners with sales and sales support leadership to maximize revenue, drive outstanding customer experience and achieve product delivery efficiency.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all company policies.
- Oversees all project management functions within the order management organization.
- Interacts directly with multiple sales channels to provide support and ensure sales the needs of the sales organization are being met.
- Reviews and translates customer escalations, provides solutions and supports team to execute appropriate solutions and/or responses. Develops processes to improve
workflow and department efficiency.
- Provides for data base management to support data integrity for enterprise supported tools & applications.
- Develops self and others, model’s accountability, provides guidance, sets performance goals and expectations for the department, manages performance, provides
training and development opportunities.
- May participate in the development of annual operating budgets and re-forecasts as necessary.
- Ensures Order Management organization is in alignment with company and region-specific policies and procedures, including compliance with federal, state, and local commission and agency rules and regulations.
- Promotes positive work environment, motivates and coaches staff to achieve department and company goals.
- Demonstrates enterprise wide thinking by collaborating across regions on special projects and develops, builds and manages relationships with Center and regional peers.
- 7 + years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations,
- 5 years of experience if candidate possesses advanced degree.
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation and collaborative skills to work
- effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- BS/BA degree strongly desired.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role or leading cross functional projects preferred.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.