Associate Account Executive- Chicago
- Full Time
Associate Account Executive, SLF
AAE Program Objective
The objective of the Associate Account Executive (AAE) program is to provide a pool of qualified candidates who are ready and able to fill open Account Executive positions within the channel. The AAE position is part of a formal field sales training program designed to provide training and experience to position the AAE to move into an Account Executive role. Similar to a new Account Executive, the new AAE will attend the AE onboarding courses and be trained by their Regional Manager, Sales. The AAE will gain field sales experience by traveling to customer locations independently or with an AE as directed by the Regional Manager, Sales. Duties include setting appointments, developing and delivering presentations, cold calling and closing sales. The AAE/District arrangement should be a win/win where the AAE gains valuable experience and the District receives additional sales support & coverage of open territories.
The AAE reports to a Regional Manager, Sales. The Manager will monitor the AAE’s progress in the program and provide coaching and support. Once trained, the Manager will direct the AAE’s day-to-day sales activities.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience; JD or legal industry experience strongly preferred
- Commitment to accept an Account Executive position in any location upon completion of program is critical
- Minimum 2 years direct client contact in either inside or outside sales
- Prior responsibility for wide product bag
- Experience with consultative sales process
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Able to work from home office and travel to customer locations
- Proficient in MS Office/internet
- Working knowledge of West products, the legal profession and/or legal publishing industry preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Chicago-Illinois-United States of America