Digital Communications Manager
- Full Time
Rainforest Foundation US (RFUS) is hiring a Digital Communications Manager to be based in the organization’s Brooklyn headquarters in New York. RFUS aims to fill the position immediately.
The Digital Communications Manager position is a unique and exciting opportunity for a junior to mid-level applicant with a passion to safeguard the world’s forests from destruction, especially in Central and South America. RFUS works closely with Indigenous partners on the ground and supports their efforts to protect and restore their ancestral territories across the world’s tropical belt.
RFUS is set to significantly increase its impact in the coming years, so this is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization with a vision and will to make a difference on a large scale. Find out more: rainforestfoundation.org . Must be a fluent Spanish speaker.
RFUS is looking for a creative, digitally savvy professional to join our mission-driven team. The successful candidate will be an inspired storyteller in print and video, excellent writer, digital media guru, and a capable project manager. RFUS is especially interested in candidates willing to explore new audience engagement ideas, experiment with new platforms, technologies, and digital opportunities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be comfortable crafting original and existing content and information for multiple uses.
- Have a track record of designing and executing new communications initiatives and campaigns using creative, alternative and online approaches to marketing -- web-based promotions, social media, and developing innovative partnerships.
- Have the ability to write compelling prose and without errors for various audiences.
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset to generate new approaches, spot opportunities, and initiate action.
- Thrive in an environment that values collaboration.
- Bring a “can-do” attitude and have a willingness to stretch their role as the needs evolve.
- Ability to manage several projects at once, perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable using WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), email tools (e.g. Robly, Mailchimp, Constant Contact), CMS platforms such as SalesForce), and knowledgeable about Google Analytics.
- Avid social media user who stays on top of developments with social media tools, trends and applications;
- Experience in video/digital editing and storytelling. Capable of producing quick impactful videos (think Now This, AJ+) and longer form.
- Knowledge or a strong interest in global affairs, social justice, and public policy a plus.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of communications and activation campaigns, with the goal of engaging past, current and new supporters.
- Experience with SEO, website optimization.
Editorial and Storytelling
- Provide thoughtful editorial direction, seeking out the most compelling stories from our staff and partners.
- Create unique and engaging content that conveys social and environmental impact and connects RFUS’ work to broader conversations around social and environmental justice, the rights of Indigenous people, climate change, forest protection, consumer choices, and other key topics.
- Capable of producing and editing (and supervise colleagues and/or vendors in producing) video content for all channels.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an earned media plan to increase RFUS’ visibility with target audiences.
- Cultivate elationships with media outlets and reporters, pitch stories, and field incoming inquiries.
- Write press releases as needed.
- Monitor news outlets for relevant stories; stay current on issues related to Indigenous People’s rights, the Amazon, Central and South American current events, and tropical forest/community-based conservation work.
- Track coverage and mentions of RFUS in the media.
Digital Marketing and Fundraising
- Write and edit content for RFUS’ social media platforms that build meaningful connections, encourages RFUS’ audiences to take action, and advances organizational visibility and mission.
- Develop and deploy cost-effective strategies to build RFUS’ social following and email base.
- Integrate email marketing strategy with CRM fundraising database.
- Work with fundraising team to deliver partner benefits around recognition and visibility.
- Analyzes, reviews and reports on the effectiveness of social media initiatives using qualitative metrics and online tools (like Google Analytics)
- Manage ad campaigns on Facebook and Google.
Brand and Identity
- Maintain visual identity and ensure consistent branding of materials.
- Support the annual end-of-year fundraising campaign.
- Supervise and maintain productive working relationships with freelancers and vendors for web development, event PR, graphic design, photography, printing, etc.
- Ensure execution of a segmented annual communications plan that delivers content shaped for target audiences.
- Collaborate with event consultants around gala and other fundraising events.
Required Characteristics and Qualifications
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Interest and excitement about RFUS’ work; interest in environmental issues, Indigenous People’s rights, wildlife, conservation, Latin American culture, and/or related topics strongly desired.
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A track record of success using creative, alternative, and online approaches to marketing -- web-based promotions, social media, relational marketing, and developing innovative partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage several projects at once.
- Ability to interact effectively with donors, the public, and colleagues.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of creativity and entrepreneurship.
- BA/BS and 3+ years’ experience working in a communications, marketing, or PR role
- Comfortable using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), email tools (e.g. Mailchimp, Constant Contact), and CMS platform(s).
This is a full-time, exempt position based in RFUS’ Brooklyn offices, with travel as needed to our sites. Occasional weekend and evening work required in connection with specific campaigns or activities.
Annual salary is competitive and based upon experience. Benefits : Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, 403b, and Commuter Benefit Program.
Interested individuals must submit via e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, including “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject field.
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional domestic and international travel.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and RFUS shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
IF YOU INTEND TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUMÉ. MAKE IT COUNT! SPANISH LANGUAGE REQUIRED.
Apply for Digital Communications Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly