Marketing and Advancement Associate
- Full Time
THE JOB: America Media seeks a Marketing & Advancement Associate to work collaboratively with members of two departments including the Director of Marketing and Director of Advancement, along with the sales, editorial, and operations teams. The person in this role will be responsible for efficiently managing all processes related to a variety of marketing and advancement projects including: branding, press relations, circulation, fundraising, events and travel.
As part of the Marketing and Advancement teams, the Marketing & Advancement Associate will help develop and implement innovative online and offline marketing and promotional plans for America Media’s various platforms, events and pilgrimages, as well as cultivate and solicit donors in support of the mission, vision and initiatives of the company. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist with the development and execution of all platform (magazine, digital, social, audio and video) marketing campaigns including press outreach. Work with the advertising sales team on sales materials and promotion execution. Management of partnership programs, including messaging, list development, creation of materials, timelines and deployment. Track budget/spending for assigned products.
- Manage the development and execution of all America Media hosted pilgrimages or journeys
- (Holy Land, Paris, Lourdes, Spain, Rome, Ireland, etc.). This includes all outreach that is done prior to, during and after all pilgrimages/journeys. Manage and coordinate all logistics, marketing and promotion/outreach for each trip with the external travel group/travel partner. Be the main liaison with travelers/pilgrims during the planning period as well as on-site and post trips/pilgrimages. Attend most pilgrimages and manage accommodations, dining, transportation, and excursions. Develop creative strategies for greater stewardship and engagement with all pilgrims/travelers.
- Assist with all advancement outreach and donor retention.
- Lead fundraising efforts across all internal platforms, including fall & spring appeals and digital giving campaigns (#GivingTuesday and Amercia’s Anniversary giving day).
- Research and draft grant and foundation proposals for potential funding opportunities.
- Investigate and recommend creative initiatives to attract a younger and more diverse community of donors.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Director of Advancement on year-long event strategies.
- Manage and execute a range of America Media events in NYC and across the country.
- Maintain and oversee vendor relationships and all communications.
- Collaborate with designers on invitations, signage and promotional materials.
- Responsible for the management of billing and budget allocations.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- 1+ years of event experience.
- 1+ years of development/fundraising experience.
- Excellent written, communication and research skills.
- Ability to present materials to external audiences in a credible and persuasive way.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to juggle various projects at once.
- Solid computer skills, specifically in database management, preferably with a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint. Exemplary interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with a high degree of ambition, collaboration, flexibility and good cheer.
- A valid passport and willingness to travel abroad as part of the organization’s travel program.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples.
Apply for Marketing and Advancement Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly