Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Contribute to production of documentary projects, including story developmentAid in extensive editorial research Research, screen and evaluate archival material.Conduct pre-interviews and on-camera interviewsParticipate in shooting, scripting and editing, as directedCoordinate with technical, operations staff and external resources
Job Summary/Purpose: NBC News is seeking an associate producer to assist in all aspects of documentary and other longform production and archival research.
• Must have at least 5 years’ editorial production experience in documentary or documentary series production.
• Must have experience researching historical archives.
• Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, History, or a related field of study
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong writing skills, research skills and editorial judgment
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies, Guidelines and Practices
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.