Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Senior Producer role works directly with the heads of production and development to conceive and oversee documentary and documentary series projects.
Essential Responsibilities:Manage production teams including DPs, producers, associate producers, researchers from story inception to final delivery.Develop visual storytelling style of documentary projects.Work with head of development to generate ideas for documentaries and series.Supervise all aspects of field production, editing and delivery.
• Must demonstrate impeccable storytelling and production skills
• Must be a creative storyteller
• Must have strong writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Must have at least seven years of experience in documentary or documentary series work.
• Must have prior staff management experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Strong knowledge of documentary industry.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.