Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Ensure that licensed and syndicated programs are editorially up to date.Re-format material to match client timing requirements.Write intros and other update copy.Supervise edits.Oversee a production team of associate producers, production assistants and editorsCoordinate with technical, operations staff and external resourcesManage and work within the parameters of a pre-determined budgetCollaborate with original story producers and correspondents. Contribute to original longform production work as needed
Job Summary/Purpose: NBC News is seeking a producer to assist in all aspects of Licensing and Syndication.
• 5+ years of production experience in digital and/or TV news (cable or broadcast)
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, History, or a related field of study
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills and editorial judgment
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and I-news.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies, Guidelines and Practices
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.