- Full Time
We’re seeking a Marketing Specialist to join our high-energy team at The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy, the leading publications in the higher-education and nonprofit sectors.
As the Marketing Specialist, you will execute a range of marketing and promotional campaigns for The Chronicle’s product lines to fulfill strategic marketing and promotional goals. You will have a demonstrated track record of executing high-impact and fully integrated product and persona marketing campaigns to achieve company objectives and drive revenue. In this role, you will manage campaigns from conception through completion using a project management approach, ensuring efficient use of all team resources and achievement of project goals within given timelines.
This position is key to The Chronicle’s new business objectives and provides an opportunity to grow with us.
- Manage the planning, development, and execution of marketing activities to support all lines of business
- Work closely with the marketing, sales, technology and creative services teams to conceptualize and execute compelling campaigns that deliver on business objectives.
- Produce marketing campaign assets, including copywriting and the creation of emails and landing pages, and social media and paid advertising programs.
- Track performance of all campaign components including e-mails, landing pages, print ads, banner ads, social media efforts, and other assets, adjusting the campaign as necessary to meet goals.
- Support a metrics-driven culture within the department and track performance of all campaign activities, incorporating results into regular reporting to improve future efforts.
- Proof materials and marketing campaigns for marketing department members as needed.
- Work with sales management and marketing team to produce effective sales enablement assets.
- Develop a consistent flow of sales leads to augment outbound sales activities.
- Manage project schedules to ensure that deadlines are met and provide weekly updates to senior management as appropriate.
- Provide status updates in daily stand up meeting and provide weekly updates to key stakeholders and others as appropriate.
- Coordinate the design and production schedules for multiple projects to ensure that marketing goals and objectives are met.
- Be a key contributor to creative brainstorming sessions and encourage active participation and creative problem solving from all team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or equivalent field of study is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a product or campaign marketing role, managing multiple marketing projects in a variety of mediums. Experience working in a publishing/media environment preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in executing integrated campaigns using a variety of mediums including email, digital, and social media.
- Experience in generating qualified leads that directly impacted sales.
- Direct experience with email and online tools such as Marketo and Adobe Marketing Cloud.
- Demonstrated strong business, analytical, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to write with a strong “voice.”
- Effective, proactive planning, development (concept to completion), and project management skills are a must.
- Ability to travel domestically up to five times per year.
We’d love to hear from you. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Marketing Specialist” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive, and we offer excellent benefits, such as comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and 24 days of paid vacation.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Marketing Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly