Audience Growth Marketing Manager
- Full Time
National Review is seeking a talented Audience Growth Marketing Manager to help us grow a highly engaged audience of new readers, subscribers, and community members. You are a data-driven, creative person who can develop and execute successful digital-marketing programs across email, display, and social.
This role reports to the Publisher and works closely with our Vice President of Editorial Operations to drive optimization and growth of our paid & organic digital-acquisition marketing programs.
• Develop and lead execution for NR’s robust marketing program, overseeing all campaigns to drive user acquisition, traffic, and new subscribers;
• Manage multiple ongoing campaigns across earned, owned, and paid — specifically through, email, social, & display;
• Develop engagement and retention strategies for paid subscription products; promotional, transactional, triggered, and special-offer-focused strategies to drive retention & revenue growth;
• Devise and implement testing, targeting, and segmentation to maximize subscription conversion across all channels;
• Oversee creative assets and develop compelling, on-brand creative to meet campaign objectives;
• Optimize onsite acquisition and customer funnel, and ensure messaging consistency and brand voice across all channels;
• Use analytics and data to inform and improve decision making. Use external/internal data platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) to analyze data and determine long-term strategies;
• Coordinate Print Magazine marketing efforts with Circulation team, including in-magazine and mailed promotions;
• Assist in growing affiliate marketing, e-commerce, and events strategy;
• Develop sales tools, including sell sheets, collateral, and presentations as needed to support the sales teams;
• Collaborate with Audience Development to plan and execute unpaid marketing-driven initiatives to grow our list of email subscribers and site visitors;
• Perform other marketing duties and coordination as needed to support the entire NR enterprise;
• Scheduling the deliverability of all marketing campaigns, in coordination with all other business departments.
What You Have:
• Proven marketing experience in digital publishing focused on membership acquisition & retention;
• Experience building and executing 360-degree marketing plans: paid, earned, and social for product and brand;
• Experience writing for, and designing for, print and digital marketing campaigns;
• Provable creative writing and design chops;
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, or communications preferred;
• Visionary leadership rooted in strategy, analysis and data, and creativity, with a bias towards urgency and perfect execution;
• A strong understanding of analytics and data (knowledge of Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, ComScore and/or similar programming/reporting tools are a must)
• Comfortability working across many teams, including product, editorial, and sales.
National Review has been America’s magazine of record for conservative fact and opinion since 1955. NR’s detailed analysis and commentary on news, politics, current events, and culture is delivered across multiple platforms, including print and digital.
Some Perks & Benefits of Working at National Review:
• Competitive salary and health-care packages;
• Annual bonus plan;
• 401K contribution;
• Remote Summer Fridays;
• Generous paid time off.