Springer Healthcare is a leading full service medical communications agency, and forms part of Springer Nature, the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years’ experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
We are looking for a Medical Writer to join Springer Healthcare’s Sales and MSL Training team. The writer will assist in the preparation and delivery of content for pharmaceutical sales/MSL training activities. The Medical Writer will work closely with other Editorial and Client Services team members to satisfy client needs in terms of quality, commercial focus, clinical relevance/accuracy, timing, and cost. Must be able to prepare creative and engaging content for a varied audience, across multiple platforms and therapeutic areas.
This position is currently being offered in New York, NY and Philadelphia, PA.
- Responsible for developing scientific projects and content as assigned; including writing or editing of pharma training materials, eLearning content, video scripts, magazine articles, and slide presentations across several therapeutic areas
- Work with Client Services team to respond to RFPs or other business development opportunities, including researching therapeutic areas, proposing curricula, and participating in pitches
- Work alongside our Instructional Designer to edit or write scientific copy, as needed, to an appropriate reading and literacy level for a variety of audiences, including scientific liaisons, healthcare professionals, and pharmaceutical sales representatives
- Resolve content-related queries from the client
- Contribute to revenue targets by ensuring that projects are progressed as soon as possible after confirmation
- Monitor own adherence to budget and utilization rate
- Attend account team meetings (business development, status, copy review or medical/legal/regulatory review, job kickoffs) as well as editing team and department meetings, as available
- Up to 10% travel
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, skills, and qualifications
- Graduate degree (MS or higher) in a scientific discipline
- scientific discipline (or licensed certification), masters or higher preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ writing and editorial experience within an agency environment
- Experience in sales training, medical communication, or tactical medical education required; proven creativity preferred (e.g., journalism, writing for a lay audience)
- MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro proficiency required
- Superior language and communication skills with the ability to translate complex scientific materials into various formats efficiently
- Work to develop/maintain customer focus, teamwork, innovation, communication, and business awareness
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also collaboratively with a team
- Understanding of the healthcare industry
- Familiarity with InDesign useful
- Understanding of instructional design and adult-learning principles
- Experience in oncology, endocrinology/diabetes, neurology, and immunology/infectious diseases is an advantage
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our website at www.springerhealthcare.com.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.