Features Editor, Thinknum Media
- Full Time
Thinknum Media, the world’s fastest-growing alternative-data-focused media outlet from Thinknum, is looking for an Associate Editor to join our media group. This will be a hands-on, in-house editorial role in our midtown Manhattan office. You’ll be part of a small-but-growing team of professional journalists and storytellers from CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, and Engadget, and will help us lead the charge into the future of business, finance, technology, and world-trend storytelling. Be prepared to work hard, own the scoops, and write your face off.
- Scour the news landscape and sources to generate pitches and story ideas
- Managing the editorial calendar and social media presence
- Producing and trafficking stories via CMS
- Editing articles written by peers and freelancers
- Writing at least one article per day on a variety of topics
- Pitching stories to outlets for syndication or for sourcing purposes
- Gathering and reporting insights on website analytics, including traffic sourcing and SEO rank.
- Meeting daily with peers to discuss daily, weekly content plans (don't worry; some of these are just over a cup of coffee)
- A fascination of and knowledge of the worlds of business and finance
- The ability to work on multiple projects of varying lengths and timeframes at the same time
- Experience with Photoshop or other photo editing software and an eye for visual storytelling
- Experience with data-front reporting
- A diverse list of media industry connections who are dying to cite your stories