Coordinating Producer, Technical
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Continually monitor social media and television competitors landscape to advise on new techniques and methods, and then strategize implementation of new technology to stay competitive in an ever-changing marketLiaison with internal corporate partners such as O&T and Theme Park to facilitate production needs outside of our studios for overall project coordination and executionDesign, plan and communicate technical production needs for Access properties to O+T engineering teams for implementation Work closely with third party vendors including external distribution partners and close captioning to make sure that all Access Material meets broadcast requirementsTrack budget projections on overall production projects budgets and meet weekly with Production Executive to review actuals for production needs, technical integration and crew estimates.Maintain relevant technical production files for retention and work with corporate parties to dispose of production assets with company complianceManage off site inventory and storage needs, continually working across divisions to supply and support partners with any resources available to develop stronger partnershipsConsult with all related parties and departments to ensure projects are on schedule and meet necessary deadlinesWork with affiliates at stations to facilitate a clear communication of technical needs and opportunitiesEstablish relationships with NBC News Bureaus to create synergy on the use of technical resources to establish cross promotion of Access Hollywood entertainment news coverage on other news platforms, both local and national.Other duties as assigned.
Access Hollywood production group is looking for a Coordinating Producer – Technical to support administrative, fiscal and strategic operations of the editorial department.
• Minimum 8 years of experience working on commercial, film, or TV series sets or within a studio production environment, with a minimum 5 years in a technical services role
• Consistent experience overseeing production budgets in excess of $100k
• Knowledge of technical aspects of video production, including current cameras and gear, specifications, and post production workflows including show deliverables and field production
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and production budgeting templates
• Prior experience at a production company, television series or television network
• College Degree preferred
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Natural leadership ability and skills
• Sense of confidence and presence in communication and presentation style
• Strong quantitative skills and negotiation abilities
• Excellent organizational and client service skills
• Desire to build and maintain strong client relationships
• Strong sense of urgency with sensitivity to time pressures and multiple deadlines
• Direct, clear and effective communications style
• Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.