Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Job Summary/Purpose: NBC News is seeking an associate producer to assist in all aspects of Licensing and Syndication.
· Contribute to production of second window licensing and syndication content
• Participate in shooting, scripting, fact-checking and editing as directed
• Coordinate with technical, operations staff and external resources
• Organize media for edit and archiving.
• Log video
• Research and procure archival footage
• 3+ years of production experience in digital and/or TV news (cable or broadcast)
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, History, or a related field of study
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Ability to communicate well with the team on the story as well as your manager
• Ability to edit with non-linear editing systems especially Avid a plus, but not necessary.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.