All In with Chris Hayes is looking for an experienced segment producer to join their team.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
Research, report and, write daily segments
Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
Be in control room during airing of live segment.
When warranted, field produce segments.
Take part in editorial planning.
Pitch story ideas.
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics
• Strong research and reporting skills
• 5 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure
Must have at least 3 years in both tape and desktop editing.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments.
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.