Associate Producer, MSNBC Weekends
Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This role is for an Associate Producer position on the MSNBC Weekends team, responsible for assisting segment producers with various projects across multiple shows. This position is a segment producer in training.
•Straight cut video and work with editors on cutting compelling video
• Assist producers with desktop editing
• Gather elements
• Research and write stories
• Viewing all video and ensure quality before air
• Explaining edit instructions in detail on script
• Pitching story ideas (day-of, next day, futures)
• Working directly with graphics department to create show graphics
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 2 years’ production experience
• Must be proficient with Desktop editing
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends.
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Proficient editing with Avid
• Ability to enterprise, research, and plan stories
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
• Up to date on periodicals
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.