- Responsible for working with Executive Producer, Senior Producers, Producers, and News Assistants to produce CNBC Business News program
- Assist with the coordination of elements for daily business program
- Write copy for daily segments
- Must be resourceful and creative in helping to deliver the program’s message, including use of clips and graphics
- Find background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories using a variety of sources such as the internet, newspapers and magazines
- Research segment ideas and segment information as directed
- Assist in the booking of guests
- Assist producers with story production and pre-interviews
- Help oversee edits for taped projects
• BA degree in journalism or business; or an equivalent degree
• At least 2 years of television production experience
• Experience with independently developing own story ideas, conducting research, and planning show segments
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights.
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed.
Desired Characteristics :
• Exceptional editorial skills: ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Strong analytical skills
• Exemplary interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively across functions and levels
• Proactive thinker / self-starter
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines under pressure
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.