The Director, Photo Production will produce original content and oversee operational activities for Peacock. Essential Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce photo coverage (galleries and unit/episodic/events) for Peacock series, specials and events, and offer photo production support, as assigned.
- Manage original photography, executing photo production, on time and within budget.
- Assign and book external and internal photographers for unit coverage and galleries.
- Handle photography production process – ingest images, renumber, create and apply metadata files, resize, upload, and distribute.
- Perform editing (cropping, color correction, light retouching) in Photoshop and Bridge
- Lead creative discussions between photographers, external set designers and internal publicity and marketing departments.
- Responsible for aligning and updating NBCU archived photo content with the Peacock catalogue.
- Liaise between Peacock Creative/Marketing/Publicity with NBCU Photography department as well as internal and external business partners.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with photographers and their representation (both portrait and episodic), in addition to the production community. Knowledgeable of resources, crew, and production vendors in the US and internationally.
- Work with Photo development team to improve NBCU’s photo asset management system/LightBox re usability and functionality.
- Take a leadership position with the team to explore and identify new up and coming photographers & set designers, production companies, stylists, hair & makeup.
- Liaison with Legal on contracts for photographers, (Unit and Gallery) inclusive of all term negotiations and deal points
- Interpret talent contracts and obligations for photo approvals
- Lead projects and motivate team members with indirect reporting relationships
- Oversee and manage Supervisor, Photo Production
• Bachelors degree, preferred in Photography, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field.
• Minimum 10 years experience in photography, photo editing and photo production.
• Strong working knowledge of Mac computer systems (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exel, Microsoft Outlook), Photo Mechanic, Adobe Photoshop and Bridge.
• Must have experience working with digital photography and familiar with photo asset management systemsEligibility Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution ProgramDesired Characteristics:
• Collaborative and work well in a quick-paced environment and under strict deadline conditions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
• Possess strategic thinking skills in order to develop and adapt workflows.
• Superior organization and creative skills
• Proficient with Local 600 Union rules and guidelines
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.