Penguin Random House is seeking a Sales Associate responsible for the sales of all core and client titles into niche gift retailers and wholesalers including Common Ground, Dry Goods, Craftex, and Just Fabulous.
As a member of the Special Markets’ Specialty Retail Sales team, the Associate will help effectively streamline sales outreach, work on title curation, create sales materials, and find new outlets for our books. Additionally, this position will work closely with the Specialty Retail Field Sales force, including assisting with sales presentations, coordinating marketing campaigns, and attending regional tradeshows.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Developing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with key customers.
* Maximizing sales growth within the established account base by acquiring and renewing orders.
* Preparing monthly sales reports.
* Communicating with key account contacts on all matters pertaining to buying, distributing, and marketing.
* Researching and developing new markets for our books.
* Creating seasonal PowerPoint presentations, and mailchimp newsletters.
* Following up on sales leads.
* Capturing and maintaining notes on progress and upload to Salesforce.
* Communicating with sales management regarding account activities and preparing weekly sales reports.
* Attending local trade shows as needed.
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements (education, experience, skills, knowledge, physical abilities):
* Minimum of 2 years of prior selling experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
* Highly organized with the ability to self-start and prioritize a heavy workload
* Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
* Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on numbers and financials
* Proactive with strong follow-up skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the year via plane, train, or car; attendance at local trade shows may require the ability to work over the weekend
To apply, please submit your portfolio, resume, and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.