Springer Healthcare is a leading full service medical communications agency, and forms part of Springer Nature, the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years’ experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
Springer Healthcare is looking for a Senior Editorial Project Manager to develop and deliver educational publications and services to the pharmaceutical industry. This diverse and exciting role presents an excellent opportunity for an individual with commitment, experience and drive to work with the world's leading pharmaceutical companies to ensure the educational needs of both their internal audience (sales representatives, medical scientific liaisons) and the wider international healthcare audience are served.
Supervise/assign day-to-day and overall priorities/tasks/projects for the Associate Editorial Project Managers (AEPMs)
- Review AEPMs’ work and provide feedback, as needed
- Proactively manage workload for the editorial project management team
Review editorial, scientific and clinical content of educational projects (including eLearning programs, apps, booklets, PowerPoint slides, digital magazines)
- Copyedit and proof technical documents (eg, grammar, spelling, cross-references)
- Tackle more complex projects that require client-specific experience
- Maintain internal quality standards
- Ensure proper syntax, style, and content flow; adapt content for different audiences (from clinical specialist to pharmaceutical sales representative)
- Identify content requiring attribution from either internal writers or external stakeholders; provide timely, consistent and constructive feedback to writers and clients
- Identify appropriate supporting content for projects, such as illustrations; where necessary, re-draw figures for typesetters
- Incorporate client feedback responses into documents
- Proofread and approve final copy
- Contribute to the development of editorial workflow
- Be actively involved in the production process to achieve final delivery of editorial projects that are of the highest quality within the required time frame
- Address referencing issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in scientific, technical or medical editing or writing, preferably within a medical communications agency or publishing environment
- Bachelor's of Science degree required, Graduate degree in the sciences preferred
- An excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Strong working knowlege of Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro required; knowledge of Adobe InDesign beneficial
- Experience with AMA style
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, meet tight deadlines, adapt to shifting deadlines, and successfully function within a team environment
- A confident communicator with the ability to interact with colleagues and external stake holders at all levels: academics, sponsors and key members of the scientific community
- Ability to mentor junior Editorial staff members and assign work according to priority
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our website at www.springerhealthcare.com.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.