Responsibilities Create timely, relevant written content on an aggressive news desk by accepting and quickly executing story assignments, monitoring news sources and identifying possible subjects to cover, writing enticing headlines, selecting proper complementary content such as photos and video, and crafting social media messaging that draws traffic and followersCoordinate with the Managing Editor, NBC Sports Chicago colleagues and the NBC Sports digital team on best practices for the display and distribution of contentParticipate in developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient workflow in a fast-paced content operationAs assigned, edit content from NBC Sports Chicago content creators and team insiders to ensure a consistent and appropriate voice, tone and appearance that speaks with our fans.Ensure all content, regardless of platform, meets NBC Sports Bay Chicago's standards for journalistic integrity and production qualityProperly prioritize production of content and ensure all has a consistent "feel," and is engaging, accurate, informative and current on all platformsWork with programming and production colleagues as needed to execute editorial strategies and packagesBasic Qualifications
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Proven writing and editing skills, in terms of quality and proficiency, with demonstrated knowledge of AP style and SEO best practices. Experience producing aggregated content and editing stories in fast-paced news environments a plus.
- Solid news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure
- Demonstrated proficiency in using social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Experience effectively working with corporate accounts a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently as needed but also is able to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong knowledge of Chicago teams and general sports, and what content drives fan interest
- Working understanding of HTML and web video editing tools
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work Saturday and Sunday, nights and holidays
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, and have a track record in multitasking effectively
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.