Our White Sox Insider is the go-to inside source for news and information about the Chicago White Sox, leveraging team/league sources to break news, write features, tell stories, discover and create viral and engaging content. Reporting to the Multi-Platform Director and VP of Content, our White Sox Insider will work across digital and linear, often appearing on our linear programs, and will be a regular contributor to the White Sox Talk podcast in addition to daily written beat reporting/feature writing.
ResponsibilitiesProduce a mixture of features, deep-dive and snackable content to grow NBC Sports Chicago’s digital audience.Work directly with our Managing Editor to help plan and execute content strategies.Attend games, practices, press conferences and media availabilities as needed.Contribute/host podcasts, Facebook Live events, promote and distribute content on personal social media channels as well as aid in the growth of NBC Sports Chicago social platforms.Collaborate with other NBC Sports Chicago writers and reporters on special events (major signing, draft, combine, game days) to ensure the proper content is being created.Be on-call for breaking news, phoners or in-studio appearances.Research, write and report multiple stories per week.Break stories and write and report with accuracy and skill under deadline pressure.Conceptualize, develop and pursue original, standout exceptional enterprise journalismEnsure all reporting is factual and accurate.Spot trending content before it takes off, and pitch stories to Managing Editor, Multi-Platform Director and White Sox Content TeamBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Minimum 5 years covering the White Sox and/or MLB
- Exceptional writer with the ability to leverage pop culture effectively in creating relevant content engaging NBC Sports Chicago’s audiences.
- Deep expertise on the White Sox and MLB.
Prolific ability to conceptualize, ideate, and execute effective coverage of multiple developing stories and angles on a day-to-day basis.Eligibility Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.