Booking Producer, MSNBC Live
Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts, and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.Conduct pre-interviews, secure facilities for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guestsArrange interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverageEnterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideasWorks with technical managers in arranging studio logistics for live and taped interviews
Job Purpose: This Booking Producer position is a part of the MSNBC Live 10AM with Hallie Jackson.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television, preferably cable news, including researching information and tracking down guests
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work overtime, early mornings and on weekends with short notice
• Some travel may be required for field booking/producing assignments
• Sound journalistic and news judgment, political experience, and strong writing skills
• Strong Rolodex
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Must be detail oriented and exhibits grace under pressure in the breaking news environment and meets multiple daily deadlines
• Looking for team players who are self-starters and can trouble shoot logistical issues
• Creative thinkers who bring new ideas to news stories
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.