Sales Professional – Strategic Government Accounts
- Full Time
Date Posted: December 16, 2019
Location: Toronto, Ottawa Ontario or Montreal, Quebec
Sales Professional – Strategic Government Accounts
To position Thomson Reuters as the supplier of choice for Legal & Regulatory Online products with Federal, Provincial and Municipal Government customers in Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada. The individual will cultivate new accounts, secure and protect all existing revenue streams and continue to grow overall sector revenue. Strong business development, account management presentation skills, leadership, negotiation skills, and issues management will be critical success factors. This role will require ongoing collaboration across the broader Sales and Customer learning teams.
The individual will work closely with the Account Print Specialist, Learning Consultants, and Marketing Team to create a strategic sales plan, individual account plans and provide a consistent approach for these sectors.
The individual will be actively involved in key associations to develop multi-level relationships with important groups.
Your duties will include:
- Growing revenue and protecting existing revenue streams: through strong account management skills matched with product knowledge, uncover new revenue opportunities within the government, growing their annual revenue commitments to Thomson Reuters. Monitor opportunities within government sector and prime RFP/RFQ responses;
- Cultivating new clients: Comfortable cold calling and a high activity level in a competitive market place;
- Developing and Executing a Strategic Plan: Reviewing existing accounts with a view to current services, renewal dates of agreements and developing a strategy to approach the untapped market opportunities. Through ongoing collaboration with Sales Leadership, determine priorities in order to successfully achieve revenue targets;
- Managing Account Relationships: Understanding how the public sector operates, develop an effective sales plan and account plans to execute against. Identify the influencers and decision makers and their decision-making process for all key accounts; and
- Leveraging key forums to enhance relationships: identifying and leveraging Thomson Reuters’ presence at key forums (i.e. Tradeshows, provincial and national events) to enhance our relationships within the sector.
Conducting 10 to 12 customer meetings per week on average. These meetings include training facilitations, online presentations and customer meetings:
- identifying and understanding the information and work solution needs of each account and conducting and facilitating presentations to address those needs;
- effectively using Webex to conduct some remote product demonstrations to effectively cover the territory within budget;
- consistently documenting and keeping current sales activities, pipeline and forecast within Salesforce;
- utilize configure/price/quote proposal tools as needed; and
- managing personal annual expense budget.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- Fluently bi-lingual (English & French) is highly valued;
- a university degree in business or related topic;
- 5+ years executive level sales experience;
- strong understanding of the public sector marketplace and legal market;
- proven strategic account management experience in the government, software, information industries;
- solid negotiation skills and knowledge of government procurement processes issues;
- experience leading RFP/RFI responses;
- analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- superb presentation and demonstration skills;
- planning and goal setting experience;
- a Valid Driver’s License;
- a willingness to travel and to work independently from a home office; and
- PC skills - MS Office (Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2020, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2019, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.