Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
This position supports the Front of House team in a 900 person corporate office to provide a consistent standard of customer service – ensuring events, meetings, and common areas are correctly set-up and set-down and kept tidied during core business hours.
- Assist management with all on-site events as needed.
- Manage supplier orders and vendor deliveries.
- Inspect pantries for inventory restock, organize and tidied as needed, and run the dishwashers.
- Inspect meeting rooms and common areas to ensure they are spotless and prepared for the next event.
- Inspect Wellness Rooms and Mothers Room to ensure they are spotless.
- Proactively communicate with the rest of the Front of House team and other service providers to ensure a “one-team” ethos.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- 3+ years of prior experience in conference, catering, food service, or related services
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications (proficiency sending emails and meeting requests in Outlook, as well as data entry in Excel are required)
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both verbal and written
- Must be customer focused, detail-oriented, organized, and professional
- Ability to multitask, perform follow up with clients, work in a team environment, and self-monitor
- Ability to lift 25lbs without assistance
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.