Associate Producer, NBC News Now
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The bulk of the job:Pitch smart, relevant, and compelling stories that will resonate with our audienceEditing in Adobe Premiere or AVIDWorking with producers and correspondents to research and write scriptsTaking the lead in organizing logistics for production needs including locations, travel, etc.Working closely with EP, producers, correspondents and hostsFinding voices that bring interesting perspectives to our networkStaying up on the news and jumping in as duty callsShooting in the field on DSLR cameras
You are strong in all the following ways:
• You’ve got big ideas and want to develop the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
• You get excited by both the editorial and the art of telling a good story.
• You’ve got an interest in current events, U.S. politics, and pop culture
• You’re comfortable shooting DSLRs and editing digital video and you want to get even better at it
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on weekends or late nights or after you’ve already put in a long day
• You’ve been working in digital video, broadcast or cable for at least 3 years
• You have a Bachelor’s degree
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.