- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 The Bronx is looking for a Studio Director to direct live and taped programs and program elements using studio automation. To operate production equipment technically and creatively and to lead activities of studio crews. The ideal candidate will have the ability to direct and/or technical direct live and taped studio productions using the studio automation system through accurate calling and coordination of video, audio and graphics elements for distribution across all platforms. Oversee studio productions for quality control. Work with producers to execute details of effective programs. Follow graphic format stylebook in production of programs. Direct and coordinate efforts of assigned studio personnel. Be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as required. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Television Production or Broadcasting preferred, Master’s degree is a plus.
• Minimum of one-year experience as a television director.
• Ability to direct using studio computer automation equipment, Grass Valley Ignite.
• Ability to direct technically complicated live programming
• Ability to interpret and code newscast rundowns
• Strong knowledge of production equipment, and methods and techniques for live & taped productions.
• Knowledge of video/audio signal, tape dynamics.
• Ability to work quickly under pressure in an on-air environment.
• Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies
• Flexible hours, including mornings, nights, weekends & holidays.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.