Photographer - Responde
Location: Sacramento, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work directly with News Director, Executive Producer, Producers, Assignment Editor, Telemundo Responde Reporter, Anchors, VJ’s and production crews in overall news content production Must be able to work flexible hours including weekendsShoots and edits daily news assignments meeting tight deadlinesAbility to work alone, gathering all elements needed for storyAbility to edit and shoot general assignment stories, lives shots and natural sound packagesOperating cellular driven transmission is required and other devices to do live transmissionMust be able to feed and ingest video server
The News Photographer will be part of our investigative consumer unit, Telemundo Responde. Must see beyond the lens and bring back compelling stories. You must have strong editing skills in non-linear system, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism
• 1 to 2 years photography experience
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends and evenings
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
• Ability to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish
• Ability to understand and communicate in English
• Must be willing to work in Sacramento, CA
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must have valid drivers license
Candidate must be highly flexible and comfortable multi-tasking.
• Adept at working in a team setting under tight deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Desire to explore and create new content avenues and models.
• Non-linear editing experience
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently
• Proven ability to multi-task and work under pressure; off or on the air
• Strong interpersonal skills: Must be energetic, motivated and work well with others
• Proactive thinker/self-starter
• Detail oriented
• Quick thinker
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and interpersonal.
• Strong command and understanding of APC Systems (Automated Production Control Systems)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.