Work with Sales leadership team and Traffic Director to maximize revenue through the strategic management of commercial inventoryActively participate in inventory meetings to maximize yield and help achieve revenue goals on all linear and digital platformsHave a concrete understanding of impressions, delivery, and overall client goalsAnalyze station pre-empts daily and have a plan to integrate those spots back into our inventory in a way that satisfies client needsStrictly manage displaced revenue to ensure quarterly credits are kept at a minimumWork closely with station sales marketing team to ensure that complex sales packages and sponsorships are executed flawlesslyDevelop plans and systems that will allow stations to maximize the capabilities of the Wide Orbit traffic systemDevelop work flow for commercial copy assignment, log editing, and program formats that will allow for complete accuracy and efficiencyResponsible for inventory control, commercial copy assignment, log editing, and formattingClosely monitor performance of all direct reports and keep a keen eye on employee engagementHandle daily broadcast log reconciliationBasic Qualifications
- At least 3+ years of proven success in RSN TV traffic position
- Experience with and mastery of Wide Orbit traffic system is preferred
- Highly organized and disciplined with superior strategic thinking skills
- Keen understanding of the ‘art’ of inventory management and its importance to revenue achievement
- BA/BS or equivalent
- The ability to cross train team members in order provide coverage and fill open positions with internal candidates
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong focus on teamwork and self-starter
- Extreme attention to detail and desire to exceed client expectations
- Be available for “off hour” day of air changes
- Clear understanding how this role impacts total station performance and the importance of cultivating relationships with leaders throughout the station
- Consistently evaluate and tweak “inventory tree” so that sales managers and AE’s have most efficient and up to date view of inventory
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.