Assistant Director, Marketing
2 days left
- Full Time
Position description: The Assistant Director will be responsible for both the strategy and day-to-day operations of the organization’s social media channels, helping to create an integrated experience across multiple platforms to increase user engagement, grow lead generation, and strengthen acquisition channels for both Educators and Donors.
They will also assist the Director of Marketing on various teacher acquisition marketing campaigns--from strategy to implementation, including writing copy, audience research, Hubspot landing page and form creation, digital ad buying, and more.
This role requires a high level of creativity, digital marketing skills, attention to detail, and project management skills. The position will report to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
Who You Are: You are a passionate, creative and mission-driven individual. You are a creative individual with a passion for digital communication and up-to-date on the most recent industry changes and trends. You have a keen interest in the mission of Facing History and Ourselves, along with an eye always on current events is a huge plus.
- Manage the creation and execution of daily engagement (organic and paid) across Facing History’s social channels: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with growth to new platforms. More specifically:
- Create compelling and dynamic content that will encourage engagement, build awareness, and help to reach new audiences.
- Track and monitor posts and mentions of Facing History using alerts, search and other tools.
- Encourage engagement by managing opportunities for follower pushes, engaging with influencers, etc.
- Create a social media strategy with clear goals and objectives by developing a regular publishing schedule with our audiences in mind, and tracking key dates such as global events, holidays and news that may impact the content shared.
- Manage all paid promotions, including advertising strategy, creation of ad units, development of targeted audiences, monitoring, tracking budgets and reporting.
- Execute lead acquisition strategy through multi-channel targeted lead generation campaigns, including paid & organic social marketing, digital ads, industry partnerships, and more.
- Create and present audience metrics and marketing reports, including research and competitive analysis of similar organizations.
- Identify new trends in digital marketing and propose ways for Facing History to leverage those trends. Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness.
- Partner with both the Director of Marketing and those across the organization on the development of campaign plans, managing projects as needed.
- Experience planning, managing and executing successful paid social media campaigns a must, Google Analytics a plus.
- Experience with basic content management and marketing automation systems, experience with Hubspot preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in digital marketing and social media.B.A. or equivalent experience;
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- The ability to write creatively, clearly, and compellingly. An eye for detail and impeccable grammar.
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment. Candidates must bring a positive and enthusiastic attitude, along with flexibility and listening skills.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and deadline-driven, and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Passion for the mission and work of Facing History and Ourselves.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.