Location: Beverly Hills, California
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, Producer, Television & Film
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
We are seeking a Video Editor to support original video content for the across all Fandango brands. This role would report directly to the Sr. Director of Production.
The Video Editor will develop, produce, and fulfill all post production functions for original online video content, and will spearhead the management of working media to ensure team-wide organization and proper media management protocols are followed.
Video content may range from scripted or semi-scripted to unscripted, from individual segments, sizzle videos, and short-form social content/series, longer-form episodes and branded content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the areas of writing, producing, budgeting, legal clearances, editing, color grading, motion graphics, audio mixing and overall management of a variety of simultaneous projects/productions to ensure delivery of high-quality, compelling content. Additionally, the Video Editor will act as the team-wide media manager, ingesting and organizing working media.
The Video Editor will work with other members of the immediate production team as well as other teams and business units as needed, to synthesize a variety of business needs which may include brand integration, ad sponsorships, and marketing initiatives.
This individual should be able to make confident and intelligent decisions that reflect a solid understanding of the business goals and strategies, while also maintaining the integrity and quality of the products for which they are responsible.
Responsibilities:Conceive, write, produce, edit, shoot, animate, rotoscope, and/or composite video content for an array of video platforms utilized by Fandango, Movieclips and Rotten Tomatoes including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more on an as needed basis.Produce and edit a range of material including reactionary content, video essays, news, short form content and more.Design and animate various graphical elements for video including typography, vector based art and still imagery based on the latest social media trends.Ensure the proper ingestion and organization of media.Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest social, internet zeitgeist, pop-culture, and entertainment news trends.Collaborate with various departments internally to ensure the efficacy of video production, as it pertains to all business verticals.Work with editors, producers and designers to resolve technical or design issues on small screen content.Ensure compliance with company guidelines, including deadlines, legal practices, confidentiality, and design standards.Other duties as assigned.
• 3‐5 years’ experience as a producer/editor, with demonstrated ability to write, research, produce, and edit original content, that adapts to suit audience and subject.
• Advanced level knowledge of current audio/video editing hardware and software, such as: Adobe Premiere.
• Advanced level knowledge of current graphics/compositing software, such as: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
• Knowledge of video codecs, DSLR and 4K workflow.
• Knowledge of audio mixing, sound design, and color correction.
• Knowledge of the ever-changing landscape of camera technology and production equipment.
• Must be comfortable working on a Mac.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (during crunch times!) per day including occasional weekends and holidays.
• Must be self-sufficient in taking projects from start to completion.
• Ability to keep a cool head under pressure and work quickly, accurately, and confidently in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally interact with executive-level staff as well as talent.
• Deep understanding of YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms become popular.
• Must be equally comfortable on set, behind an editing keyboard, and with a camera in hand.
• Must understand general best practices of media management of various camera workflows, media back-up systems and practices, and possess a drive to constantly improve and update preexisting systems. (i.e. if you nerd out about file naming conventions, you might be a good fit)
• Passion for Movies and TV!
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.