Market Research & Insights Intern
Location: Beverly Hills, California
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Market Research & Insights – UX Research Summer Intern will have the opportunity to collaborate with various departments on a variety of quantitative and qualitative research projects, and learn the research process from initial consultation with the business stakeholder to presentation of research findings. Reporting to the Director, UX Research, the intern will gain hands-on experience and exposure to how research impacts the user centered design process.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIESResearch tasks for a wide variety of business challenges in support of the product, marketing, ad sales, and product experience teams.Participate in several research projects, and help with prepping and planning of projects including diary studies, usability and concept tests.Learn the research process from start to finish, including consulting with stakeholders, recommending appropriate research methodology, designing questionnaires, programming surveys, writing research reports, and presenting findings.Conduct an assessment of our current research tools and setup demos and assessments with competing services.
The ideal candidate needs to be curious, organized, talented and extremely collaborative. They must also be passionate, positive and eager to take on and learn new things.
• Collaborates well in groups to ensure the optimal performance of projects
• Must be attentive to deadlines and comfortable working under pressure
• Great attention to detail
• Interest in digital products, media, entertainment and e-commerce business models
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree in progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits) (rising sophomore, junior, or senior)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Must be able to work on-site in Beverly Hills, CA
• Must be available during our program: June 1 – August 10, Monday – Friday, about 9am-6pm, approximately 40 hours/week, for 10 weeks
• Internship positions are paid and do not require school credit
• Recent graduates will not be eligible
Follow our Fandango Intern IG page @fandangointerns
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.