UX Design Intern
Location: Beverly Hills, California
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
We are seeking a summer UX Intern to join our Product Experience team. Reporting to the UX Manager, the UX Intern will gain experience in the UX field, working with designers, product managers, researchers, and developers. He/she will have hands-on experience in the UX process, including requirements gathering, sketching, journey mapping, detailed design, prototyping and testing.
Job ResponsibilitiesAssist UX team on Fandango properties and platforms, including the creation of sketches, flows, wireframes, and prototypes. Assist with in-house and online user testing activities. May be assigned to special exploratory projects.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (graduated or in progress) in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Architecture, Design, or related field.
• Understanding of web/device design guidelines, such as Apple (HIG) Human Interface Guidelines or Google Material Design.
• Portfolio or UI/UX work samples.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree in progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits) (rising sophomore, junior, or senior)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Must be able to work on-site in Beverly Hills, CA
• Must be available during our program: June 1 – August 10, Monday – Friday, about 9am-6pm, approximately 40 hours/week, for 10 weeks
• Internship positions are paid and do not require school credit
• Recent graduates will not be eligible
Follow our Fandango Intern IG page @fandangointerns
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.