Software Engineer - Mobile Intern
Location: Beverly Hills, California
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Scale! Fandango sells millions of tickets every week across more screens than anyone else in the world, so every line of code we write impacts millions of movie fansTech! Fandango is rebuilding the movie experience every day with adoption of the latest technologies. Come work with Continuous Integration and Deployment, Cloud Native Microservices, and Reactive Architecture in a DevOps environmentPeople! Fandango is made up of passionate technologists like yourself. Come learn from them in our Book Clubs, Tech Talks, Lunch and Learns and hosted Meet-Ups.Perks! Free movies, free soft drinks and snacks, free lunch twice a week, and company-wide Movie Days. Those aren’t as cool as great code, but they don’t hurt
Why would you work at Fandango?
Here are just some of the benefits of working at Fandango:
What would you do at Fandango?
We have a wide variety of technologies and projects at Fandango. Based on your interest, you could contribute to these or other projects:
Android Application development (Commerce, Video Playback)Android TV, OEM devicesAndroid LibrariesContinuous Integration / Delivery for Android apps distribution
On any project, you would operate as a full member of full-stack Agile team. Our goal is to get you pushing code to production as quickly as possible.
Who is Fandango looking for?
Who you are:
• Passionate about technology
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries
• Works well in a team
• 3rd year undergrad in Computer Science or Engineering Bachelors of Science program
What you know:
• Understands OOP and the SOLID principles
• Has coursework in data structures, algorithms, and/or operating systems
• Familiar with macOS, Windows and Linux
• Has worked with one or more of the following
o VM Languages: Java, Kotlin
o Native Languages: C++, JNI (Java Native Interface)
o Scripting Languages: Groovy, Gradle, Shell
If that sounds good to you, come talk to us about a Summer of Code at Fandango.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree in progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits) (rising sophomore, junior, or senior)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Must be able to work on-site in Beverly Hills, CA
• Must be available during our program: June 1 – August 10, Monday – Friday, about 9am-6pm, approximately 40 hours/week, for 10 weeks
• Internship positions are paid and do not require school credit
• Recent graduates will not be eligible
Follow our Fandango Intern IG page @fandangointerns
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.