is a division of NBCUniversal that drives the North American distribution of the company’s multi-billion dollar television portfolio to cable, satellite and telco providers, as well as live streaming services, and other digital platforms. A key revenue-generator, the division oversees the distribution of NBC and Telemundo owned stations, all of NBCUniversal’s cable entertainment, news and sports networks, and the Olympics. The group also leads the content strategy and development for offerings that include video-on-demand (VOD) and TV Everywhere (TVE).
The Content Distribution Digital intern will be a part of a team on the forefront of the television business in creating a multi-platform presence for networks including NBC, Telemundo, Bravo, Oxygen, Syfy and many others. During this internship, the successful candidate will assist in cross-platform distribution product development and strategy for NBCU networks to cable, satellite, telco and digital distributors -- and in doing so have a unique opportunity to learn about the programming rights, deals and platforms that are transforming television from one of the largest content providers in the business.Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Analyzing programming grid and FOD scheduling data for NBCU television networks and stations to determine programming guidelines per series.
Reporting and analyzing various programming metrics, including series rights, distribution commitments and windowing strategy for internal as well as competitive entities.
Gathering, implementing and communicating program rights information for new and ongoing programming initiatives and platforms.
Utilizing proprietary scheduling software and setting up rules according to programming grids for forecasting and reporting purposes.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 14, 2020
• Program Dates: June 2020 – August 2020
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel & Power Point
• Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications
• Rich numerical and analytical skill set
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.