Health Editor, NBC News Medical Unit
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
As a Health Editor for NBC News Med Unit, you will work directly with Senior Health Editor, staff writers, reporters, free-lance writers, broadcast producers and senior producers to pitch, write and edit health news contents for NBC News.com and TODAY.com
· Create authoritative, engaging original digital health content
· Provide substantive editing, re-writing and copyediting for a variety of internal and external writers
· Pitch ideas for health content for a mix of formats: breaking news, enterprise, multi-part series and short cool stories.
· Act as liaison between writers and Digital Media team
· Work closely with Senior Health Editor to curate and manage the Health vertical and social media accounts
· Collaborate with broadcast producers to create unique digital content to accompany TV health segments.
• 2+ years relevant experience in health and medical writing/editing
• Bachelor’s degree
• Mastery of AP style
• Must be willing to work early morning hours and occasional evenings when news breaks.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the NBCUni careers site
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Excellent writing, editing, communication and organizational skills
• Adept at using analytics and current SEO and social best practices
• Committed to innovative digital and visual story-telling
• Strong interpersonal skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.