Graphic Designer, NJTV /Fixed Term (Temporary)
4 days left
Reporting to the Supervising Graphic Producer, the Graphic Designer will work with Senior Staff and internal creative clients to develop visual elements for NJTV productions, including NJTV News, On the Record, Reporters Roundtable, NJSpotlight.com and others. This is a fixed term (temporary) position based in our Newark offices. Additional responsibilities include:
• Branding will include program packaging such as logo (OTS), show open, lower thirds, cold open tease framing, info tease framing, credit bed, underwriting bed, remote boxes, date / locators, recurring segment titles;
• Work with producers, and editors to create graphic elements for broadcast and web pieces and provide files to editors for inclusion in final pieces. Artwork may include charts, graphs, documents, maps, photos, diagrams, text and other elements as required;
• Design and produce graphics for use in studio set elements;
• Design and produce over-the-shoulder and other day-of-air elements;
• Design and produce graphics for NJTV News specials;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
• A minimum of four years of experience working in broadcast motion graphics including experience doing graphic design at a news network or digital media outlet;
• Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator;
• Strong skills in typography, infographics, and animation;
• Experience working with After Effects and Cinema 4D;
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once;
• Familiarity with web languages such as HTML/CSS;
• Knowledge of best practices for web design;
• Experience working with datasets;
• Familiarity with GIS mapping programs;
• Exceptional planning, organization, communication, problem analysis and decision-making skill are critical as is the ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines;
• Ability to interact with roles across the editorial and product teams;
• BA/BS in Design or equivalent work experience.
Public Media NJ
283-299 Market Street
Newark, NJ 07102
PMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.