Subsidiary Rights Assistant – Penguin Publishing Group
The Subsidiary Rights Department at Penguin Random House is seeking an Assistant to support the SVP, Director of Subsidiary Rights and the Director of Domestic Rights. The individual will work collaboratively to assist in the licensing and promotion of titles to various outlets including magazines, book clubs, and audio publishers. This position works with adult titles across the Penguin Publishing Group and is an excellent opportunity to gain entry into the field of licensing and publishing.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Assisting the Director with domestic rights and the Senior Vice President with book club rights.
* Drafting pitch letters and negotiating sales of upcoming titles for potential licensees, which include magazines, newspapers, audio, reprint publishers, and summary publishers.
* Creating deal sheets and monthly deal sheet summaries.
* Organizing materials in preparation for annual book fairs, including London, Frankfurt, and BookExpo America.
* Managing and executing book mailings.
* Coordinating art, editorial and publicity requests from domestic publishers.
* Providing production materials and navigating art clearances to licensees.
* Compiling rights information and generating blurbs for thrice-yearly seasonal rights guides.
* Maintaining a database of contacts and titles.
* Researching and maintaining database for available audio rights.
* Collaborating with the PRH Audio and Large Print departments.
* Providing general administrative support, including answering phones, taking messages, scheduling, filing, maintaining office supplies, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Prior office experience
* Genuine interest in global publishing, subsidiary rights, or licensing
* Ability to multitask & prioritize in a deadline driven environment
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Interest in journalism is a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.