FINANCIAL CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER
- Full Time
Why we’re a great company to work for
- We have a mission. Seeking Alpha is about more than helping people make money. People who invest are 24% happier, 19% less stressed, and report a 36% increase in their sense of well-being (source). By helping investors to succeed, we help them to send children to college, achieve life goals, afford healthcare, and provide themselves with a secure retirement.
- We’re profitable and growing fast. We fuel our growth investments with our own capital, leading to greater stability for employees, and an inspiring growth-focused environment. All employees receive equity grants in-line with their cash compensation.
- You’ll work with great people. We work in small, tight-knit groups of smart, engaged people who bring everything to the table every day.
- We have fun. Our office kitchens are well stocked, and we regularly get together at company events, which include Alphas who work from home. “Seeking Alpha doesn’t feed me well,” said no one ever.
- You’ll impact the lives of many people. We have 15 million unique monthly visitors, and 1,000,000 unique users visit Seeking Alpha every business day.
What you need to excel
Further down you’ll find the specifics of the job. The following traits describe the characteristics we look for in all positions.
- Hard working. Delivering great experiences requires time and painstaking dedication. There are no shortcuts. Be ready to crush it every day.
- Precise. It is easy to fudge things. We look for people who love being given concrete definitions of success, and utilize their talents and work ethic to exceed them.
- Flexible. We ask questions more than we assert answers, and we are always open to criticism and changing our views in the face of evidence.
- Lean. We pride ourselves in getting stuff done efficiently. When we ask, “How can I solve this challenge,” the first answer is never, “Hire someone.”
- Team player. We look for people who are intellectually stimulating, bring a positive attitude to work, and are fun to be around.
Is your passion to create well-crafted, “killer” content, designed to quickly deliver value to investors? Are you able to skillfully build story narratives that are based on financial analysis of stocks? Do you have a deep understanding of the stock market and an investor’s soul? Would you like the chance to build a world-class content machine that generates value across the largest investment community on the planet? Do you want to have an impact on millions of people and help them achieve their financial goals?
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to lead the content marketing function for Seeking Alpha’s subscription products. In this highly collaborative role, you will set the drumbeat for building content journeys enabling our target personas to embrace our solutions from awareness to advocacy, as well as rolling up your sleeves and creating all forms of content. You will be empowered to create strategies that drive engagement, sales, and revenue goals.
This role requires you to possess highly-developed communication skills and to be passionate about collaborating with many internal stakeholders and technical subject matter experts. We are seeking a leader with a growth mindset for engaging our target personas - their pains and needs, their needed solutions, as well as their behaviors and varied preferences for content channels and formats. A healthy respect for the power of sound branding as a springboard for amazing content will be critical to your success. Creativity and an approach grounded in best practices, process improvement, and most importantly, metrics and KPIs, are also essential.
- Transform product updates into compelling stories
- Create long-form financial content that converts readers to users
- Own one or more of Seeking Alpha’s most successful newsletters
- Support push notification efforts and inform segmentation and personalization across the site
- At least 4 years experience doing something similar - A MUST
- Experience marketing financial products - a strong advantage
- Investing/trading experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Data-driven mentality
- A portfolio that shows a range of the above