Marketing Content & Social Media Intern - Saatchi Art
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We’re looking for a Marketing Intern to join us in our Santa Monica office.
Within this internship, you will learn and gain valuable, hands-on experience with the guidance of the Marketing Manager. Success will hinge on a knack for social media content creation, excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and an eye for art and design.
A typical day as a Marketing Intern might include:
- Social Media Content Creation and Coordination
- Learn alongside the Marketing Manager to write, develop, schedule, and post compelling and error-free social media content based on Saatchi Art’s editorial calendar, while meeting deadlines and pivoting to shifting needs.
- Monitor social media and the news for trending topics and engagement opportunities.
- Develop an ability to jump between the creative and analytical sides of marketing, and better understand content that performs well on social media by reporting on social media performance and distilling insights for our social strategy.
- Collaborate with curation, design, and marketing teams to think “social first” when creating content and campaigns.
- Communicate with and gather, coordinate, and organize assets from artists, art collectors, influencers, and other stakeholders.
- Provide a weekly digest of the latest news, art market trends, and social media marketing to help shape our social media best-practices.
- Marketing Operations
- Participate in marketing strategy by conducting research on industry and competitors, artists, trending conversations, potential partners, and turning this information into actionable insights.
- Gain experience in but not limited to: email newsletter production; maintaining the marketing calendar for business-wide use; coordinating payments to vendors, contracts, and expenses; prepare reports and decks; proof and edit editorial content; and coordinate with artists and other internal and external stakeholders.
What You Have:
- Formal education in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or another relevant Major.
- An understanding of social media marketing required. The ability to write about art is a big plus.
- Experience publishing content to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, as well as Pinterest and other social media platforms. Experience editing image and video content for social encouraged.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task/multi-project.
- Excited about and interested in art.
- Creative with an eye for design.
- A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Free lunch Fridays
- A hands-on experience within a fast moving, diverse, and fun office!
- Internship is paid and parking will be provided.
- Discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.