Sr. Manager, Editorial Operations-Peacock, Direct to Consumer
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead project management support for the Video Editorial & QA team accountable for on time, on budget execution of all on-demand long form and short form video publishing and quality assuranceFollow an Agile methodology tailored to the Direct to Consumer business requirements; acting as Scrum Master and producing, maintaining, and revise process maps, user stories, burndown and velocity charts, sprint reports and other Agile artifacts as neededOversee comprehensive process, workflows and compliance guidelines for all project phases including, but not limited to, initiation and scoping, milestone tracking, status reporting, change control, risk management, closure, and retrospective analysis Bring uniformity and rigor to the on-demand video supply chain process by increasing visibility and accountability to tasks and plansRegularly report to and ensure the satisfaction of the Direct to Consumer management team; communicating possible opportunities and escalating potential risks that may require interventionManage relationships and coordinate work between internal resources, vendors, sub-contractors and support teams at various, remote locationsBalance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks on a daily basis for high profile, deadline driven project teamPrioritize, set and communicate clear objectives to the project team
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
The digital delivery of television can be complex and confusing to some end customers. This position is designed to help those customers quickly and successfully enjoy our products and services.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Sr. Manager of Editorial Operations to join a dynamic new team responsible for the Direct to Consumer business. We're looking for a process-oriented, project management expert with an eye for detail and a passion for organization to help drive the successful results the streaming video service industry requires.
You'll oversee project timelines, milestones, and deliverables for the Direct to Consumer Video Editorial & QA team responsible for on-demand video publishing and quality control. Striving to continuously improve content availability schedules, communication channels, and workflow handoffs between resources, you’ll act as the knowledge hub for both internal and external status updates and provide appropriate guidance to ensure any dependencies or concerns are addressed.
This position requires you to be a master of time management and diplomacy; continuously auditing workstream performance while simultaneously leading collaborative negotiations for strategic reprioritization of tasks to keep the on-demand video supply chain moving. Your commitment to consistent operational governance will set the bar for overall content delivery and will play an instrumental role in our success within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Bachelor’s degree or 5 years equivalent experience in project management
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional media production environment
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with digital content supply chains
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in client services; managing relationships and negotiating changes to commitments/requirements
• Proven ability to collaborate, engage and effectively communicate with all levels of management
• Proven ability to prioritize and investigate sometimes abstract issues under pressure
• Expertise with the Atlassian software suite, specifically Jira, Greenhopper and Confluence
• Scrum Master certification
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Universal City, Los Angeles County, California
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Technical background, with alacrity for design, marketing, sales, and business development
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Experience working with Drupal open source CMS
• Experience in managing external contractors both on and/or offshore
• Proven track record working with creative, technical and product teams
• Talent to motivate and influence stakeholders and team members to drive the project forward
• Self-starter who’s able to see tasks through to completion with minimal guidance
• Working knowledge of post-production pipelines, MAMs, DAMs, video file formats and media codecs
• Understanding of digital content distribution concepts and technologies including TVE, OTT, STB, VOD
• Interest in emerging technology and platforms; particularly streaming media services
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.