Senior Manager, Data Product Management, Decision Sciences
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Understand the product vision, both from a business and data perspective Own and maintain the product roadmap, tracking progress of team’s commitment to deliver, clearly communicating statusOwn and organize product backlog to optimize delivery in alignment with stakeholders/business prioritiesWork closely with a cross-functional delivery team, data architects and data analysts collaboratively defining roadmaps, requirements and solutions. Facilitate estimation sessions, to help prioritization of features and inform the product backlog Work with the Data Governance team to make sure the integrity and utilization of data adheres to NBCU’s data governance standards and processes, ensuring fitness of data elements Identify key risks and issues and ensure they are escalated in a timely mannerContribute to the development of Data Governance process and framework that defines what data can be collected and shared between businesses in a safe and privacy secure mannerWork closely with the delivery team; own, manage and convey requirements through user stories to inform the scope and design of data solution, planning and being available for technical inquiries and supportHelp coordinate and lead key team ceremonies: weekly showcases, estimations, backlog refinement, planning sessions, and retrospectivesWork closely with the brands and stakeholders to understand new requirements and the value they deliver to our Data Intelligence teams. Collect and remove ambiguity on stakeholder technical requirements.
The Senior Manager, Data Product Management will champion a Data-as-a-Product mindset and will be responsible for analyzing, leading, managing, and executing marketing use cases utilizing enterprise data assets in partnership with business units at NBCU (Films, Entertainment, Cable, News, Sports, Parks & Resorts, Peacock, etc.). As a member of the Data Product Management team within the Direct-to-Consumer organization (focused on Enterprise data), this role will be responsible for providing leadership in the data-driven marketing landscape while working with the businesses to evangelize the use of data to enable more effective and efficient marketing campaigns
The successful candidate will need to be agile delivery focused and comfortable working with senior and demanding stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. Responsible for aligning with the business goals by defining requirements and enforcing an end-to-end data platform, complete with associated standard policies, compliances, security practices, and technologies across the data ecosystem.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Adopt and advocate for a data-as-a-product mindset while evangelizing the utilization of data and advanced analytics to inform critical business decisions
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or engineering, or focus on data/statistical analysis or equivalent experience highly desired
• 5+ years of experience in a data focused role (SQL, familiarity with data pipelines, data quality, audience management, ETL, event analytics)
• Experience with Data Lake/CDP strategies and partnering with IT on data architecture and identity resolution solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and coordinate between teams.
• Experience in taking over existing platforms and systems and improving on product features to deliver on vision
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to logically analyze complex requirements, data sets, processes and systems
• Leadership skills to motivate and provide clear direction to the team
• Excellent organizational skills that will allow you to deal with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively.
• Detail and results oriented, able to write detailed specs and analyze data to justify product decisions, and apply key learnings
• Experience working in hybrid cloud/on-premise environments as well as multi-cloud
• Experience of working in an agile environment
• Creative problem-solver; takes a high level of initiative, has a strong sense of personal accountability to follow-through at all times.
• Demonstrates organizational savvy by successfully navigating complex, highly matrixed and decentralized organization.
• Takes an informed and inspired view to deliver superior results by creating value and opportunity.
• A bias for getting the job done
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.