Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Technical Director (TD) in the Technical Production Services Department will report to the Manager of Control Room Operations. The TD will be responsible for video source switching of live or recorded fast paced news, entertainment, talk and sports programs, daily pre-production sessions, special programs, and remote productions as assigned.
Responsibilities include:Serving as Crew Chief for all in-house and remote productions. Will be responsible for crew check in at the start of shifts and relaying issues to the Show Director and/or Manager of Control Room Operations.Coordinate detailed fax check of production control, audio, graphics, playback rooms and studio with the technical crew by checking and ensuring that all video/audio sources, communications and studio monitor routing are operational and ready for air.• Together with the Manager of Control Room Operations, the TD will keep the control rooms updated with the latest production elements.
• 5+ years of experience as a Technical Director in a live television environment utilizing various production switchers, clip player, digital video effects, still stores and routers.
• Experience with various production switchers i.e. Sony, Ross Video & Grass Valley
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news, hurricane and other disaster recovery emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel (sometimes internationally) as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Remote truck production experience.
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows operating systems and NRCS systems (i.e. Avid iNEWS, Dalet, ENPS, etc.).
• Ability to direct pre-recorded and live segments as needed
• Ability to multi-task and react quickly during daily broadcasts.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Greater Miami area.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must have a valid driver’s license (if applicable)
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor's degree: Communications, Television Production or related preferred.
• Experience with LAWO routers and Evertz view panels
• Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology.
• Interpersonal and professional communication skills.
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal
• Familiarity with control room automation systems including Sony ELC, Ross Video Overdrive and Grass Valley Ignite.
• Familiarity with Tricaster system
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.