Digital Content Manager
- Full Time
Digital Content Manager (Video Streaming)
Team: PBS KIDS Digital
This position supports and manages the content strategy, product development, and programming of the free video-on-demand PBS KIDS streaming service. This position is 75% content management, 25% product development and support. An ideal candidate is extremely organized and methodical, has the ability to prioritize several major projects at the same time, and is comfortable working across multiple teams to launch seasonal and show premieres for PBS KIDS.
This position is not a video editor position—it does not require any editing capability (i.e. knowledge of Adobe After Effects).
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the PBS KIDS video library system by scheduling all show video and design assets, seasonal premieres, and promotions across web, mobile, and over-the-top streaming services.
- Assist with the product development and maintenance of web-specific video platforms including PBSKIDS.org, producer, and station websites.
- Manage quality assurance (QA) of PBSKIDS.org, producer, and station web video players.
- Support PBS stations with developing local, customizable backgrounds for over-the-top devices like ROKU, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV.
- Coordinate with internal departments (Programing, Media Operations Center, Products, Business Development) to execute the PBS KIDS video promotional schedule. Develop streaming release strategies with these teams for launches and seasonal premieres.
- Review scripts and provide feedback to producers for new show pitches, and original content on digital streaming platforms.
- Work with producers and internal teams (Children’s Programming, Marketing & Communications) to develop unique, digital original and short form content for PBS KIDS streaming platforms.
- Continually manage and edit documentation for stations and producers as products and processes update.
Requirements for success:
- 3 years’ experience supporting video streaming initiatives in the children’s media space
- Bachelor’s degree in Educational Technology, Communications, Interaction Design or related field, or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Familiarity with streaming services (i.e. PBS, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney+) and an understanding of opportunities for interactivity for children on the Web, mobile, and over-the-top platforms
- Ability to review and work within a content management system and various scheduling databases
- Ability to write and edit copy, review scripts, and develop digital video projects for children ages 2-8
- Understanding of and appreciation for the convergence of television and digital streaming platforms
- Familiarity with children’s privacy guidelines (such as COPPA - Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act)
- General knowledge of and strong interest in children, education, and technology
- Ability to work with a creative and technical team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to plan, problem solver, and prioritize several assignments at the same time
- Resourceful, self-directed, and a flexible team player
- A strategic thinker who can meet aggressive deadlines
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities