Sr. Program Associate, Children's Programming
- Full Time
Sr. Program Associate
Team: Children’s Programming
The Senior Program Associate, Children’s Programming facilitates delivery and operations processes for PBS KIDS programs/series, serving as the day-to-day producer contact throughout the post-production process. The Senior Program Associate also provides administrative support to the Director as needed.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage program delivery. Work closely with producers throughout the post-production process to ensure adherence to programming, packaging, and deliverable guidelines.
- Maintain and update program material from acceptance through the duration of the rights period.
- Oversee the completion of producer paperwork for incoming programs via ORION, Packaging Forms, RightsLine, and CAS, including Program Acceptance Agreements, formats, production credits, and media inventories.
- Screen programs in production for compliance with PBS policies.
- Deal with issues arising from program repackaging and the late arrival of broadcast masters and other deliverables.
- Provide administrative support to the Director, including maintaining department files and coordinating meetings.
- Contribute to the evaluation of content in development.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Requirements for success:
- 1-2 years’ experience in the media industry. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with PBS KIDS content and the desire to learn more.
- Passion for children’s media and early childhood learning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills – working with multiple projects in numerous stages of development and completion.
- Proficiency with database programming.
- Ability to pre-screen programs prior to air to ensure that they meet all PBS packaging guidelines
- Ability to identify and evaluate sensitive or problematic material in programs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sound judgment and professional maturity.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-departmental teams.
- Ability to work under stressful circumstances, meet deadlines, and react to change productively.
- Curious person with high energy level and strong work ethic.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities