Are you up-to-date on the latest digital media and communication trends? Are you looking for a position where you can think creatively and explore new digital initiatives? Then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Berkley is seeking a highly creative and strategic individual to join the team as a Digital Marketing Manager or Assistant Manager. In this role, you will you will manage the day-to-day implementation of social media strategy and advertising for Berkley. Under the general supervision of the Associate Publisher and reporting to the Deputy Director of Marketing, the role will work primarily with commercial fiction titles and will collaborate with a cohesive group of colleagues including editors, publicists, and the Creative Services team.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Directing content distribution across all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), effectively engaging online communities, and launching and maintaining social media strategy.
* Executing social media advertising.
* Compiling data from internal databases to analyze and report on advertising campaigns for Berkley.
* Executing online marketing campaigns for select titles.
* Conducting consumer facing outreach efforts and interpreting audience data in order to create digital strategies.
* Assisting in the preparation of marketing proposals for potential author acquisitions.
* Collaborating with the Deputy Director of Marketing on select initiatives including partnership opportunities and discovering new social trends/platforms
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum 3 years of marketing or publicity experience; experience working with social media is strongly preferred
* Possess a keen understanding of book marketing
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Superb written and verbal communication skills
* Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
* Must be comfortable working with numbers
* Proficient with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
* Knowledge of Google Adwords, and Facebook and Twitter advertising is strongly preferred
* Adobe Suite and programming experience a plusPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.