Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Manage the coordination, operation and execution of live programming for Telemundo and Universo, coordinating with clients and the Technical Operations CenterAttend planning meetings as necessary ahead of production to determine resources and logistics required for successful executionImplement and oversee control room training curriculum for staff (i.e. Telos, RTS, etc.)Serve as main point of contact for News, Entertainment, Sports and Specials clients to resolve issues and execute changes to programming in a dynamic on-air environmentOwn relationship with Engineering and Technical Operations Center teams to implement new technologies and to resolve on-air issuesOwn coordination and planning between networks to ensure proper scheduling of live events and off air executionManage projects related to the execution or enhancement of News, Entertainment, Sports and Specials programmingEnsure client expectations are met or exceeded relating to on-air reliability for all Telemundo clientsContinuous pursuit of operational improvement in partnership with Telemundo clients
The Technical Manager will provide front-line management of operational, technical and production support for Telemundo and Universo programming throughout all steps of the production process. Coordinate all technical and logistical requirements prior to air and in the control rooms to ensure that all technical aspects of the production go as planned. Ideal candidate will have proven leadership, high energy level and strong team skills
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
• 5 years experience in an on-air broadcast environment, which includes having an overall understanding and knowledge of the television production process, broadcast operations, and news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements.
• 3 years experience in leading the execution of live television events.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with different levels in the organization (i.e.: talent, control room operators, leadership team, engineering, etc.)
• Experience in a fast paced environment that requires troubleshooting and process skills, and exhibits an ability to effectively prioritize and adapt to changing scenarios
• Experience with Avid iNEWS or other NRCS application (ENPS, Dalet, etc.)
• This position requires the ability to work any scheduled time, including nights, weekends and holidays to support the 24x7 on-air broadcast environment
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, FL area
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must have a valid driver’s license (if applicable)
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• BA/BS in related field
• Experience with scheduling and resource management
• Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively be flexible in approach, and respond well to pressure
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.