NBC6 - Executive Producer of Investigations & Special Projects
Location: Miramar, Florida
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, Producer, Television & Film
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Communicate story pitches and developments with Assistant News DirectorCoordinate year-round airdate calendar and assist creative services team in delivering promotions for storiesAssist management team by participating in daily editorial meetings and communicating the investigative team’s availability and role in day-to-day news coverageManage the shooting and editing calendar to ensure all resources are used effectivelyEnsure stories are produced in both Spanish and English when possibleWork closely with NBC News legal/standards team in producing and vetting storiesMake digital and social media a priority from the first stages of production
WTVJ, NBC’s owned and operated station in South Florida, is looking for a strong and supportive leader to run the investigative and special projects unit. This is a special team filled with news veterans that operates as a duopoly with Telemundo 51. You’ll have plenty of resources to focus the team on creating investigative content that makes a difference in our community. The position requires strong news judgment, ability to juggle multiple projects in various stages of production as well as create innovative storytelling for multiple platforms. The person who accepts this position will be expected to supervise a large team of reporters, producers and photographers to deliver high-quality, compelling and enterprising journalism for multiple platforms.Identify and pitch investigative angles on big daily news stories as well as long-term enterprise stories that are highly promotable and will bring about changeGuide process of story selection and execution for the NBC 6 Investigators, NBC 6 Responds and the special projects teamWork closely with producers, reporters and photographer/editors in production of stories
• Minimum 5 years of experience in newsgathering and/or news production
• Minimum 1 year experience in investigative journalism
• B.A. degree or equivalent in areas such as Journalism & Communications, or related field.
• Must submit a resume/CV online as well as a link to recent work
• Position is Monday-Friday days but must be willing to work a flexible schedule which could include overtime, nights, holidays and weekends
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar and Miami location
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Able to work extended and flexible hours during hurricanes, emergency situations and breaking news.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience producing investigative content
• Strong journalistic and communication skills
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadlines
• Ability to manage the production of network quality segments under tight deadlines
• Must possess strong detail-oriented research and writing skills
• Bilingual in English and Spanish (speaking and writing) preferred
• Must have a creative approach to digital platforms
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Delegate, assign, set objectives, provide feedback and find simple solutions to complex problems
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.