Editor, CNBC Select
Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial, News & Journalism
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented editor to develop its financial coverage for a broad consumer audience under the NYC-based Select brand. CNBC Select is a newly launched, consumer-friendly section of CNBC devoted to providing our readers with rigorous reviews and personal finance advice so they can make informed decisions about the financial products they use every day.
This Editor will be responsible for helping to build out service-oriented coverage area on credit, debt, credit cards and other financial products. Additionally, the Editor will be asked to pitch, assign, copy- and line-edit engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, strong organizational skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to: Proofreading stories thoroughly and editing copy on deadlineEnsuring tone, grammar, syntax and structure of content is in line with editorial strategyBrainstorming functional, data-driven models to determine which specific kind of credit card, or other product, could best serve usersResearching and assembling reliable, informative lists of recommendationsGenerating list ideas and story ideas and following through by assigning and editing
• At least 5 years of editing and/or copy-editing experience at a major publication
• Detail-oriented with outstanding communication skills
• Ability to quickly edit complicated financial news stories to ensure they are understandable and relatable for a broad user base
• Demonstrated experience in helping writers and editors improve and tighten copy under news deadlines
• Ability to work quickly and under pressure
• Excellent teamwork skills and strong work ethic
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• Highly motivated and extremely organized
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
• Curious about the world, sees story ideas everywhere, and can’t wait to bring them back to the team
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.