- Full Time
Atlas Obscura is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and intensely curious candidate to join our growing Brooklyn-based Brand Partnerships team as Account Executive. You should have a passion for sales and relationship building, with expertise in digital media, branded content, sponsored events, and innovative, integrated marketing programs. You should also be excited by Atlas Obscura’s mission to inspire our audience with wonder and curiosity about the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Represent Atlas Obscura to your clients conceiving, selling, and renewing advertising campaigns.
- Meet and exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Proactively research and cultivate relationships with prospective clients.
- Contribute to cross-team brainstorms and development of pitch materials and media plans.
- Communicate clearly with clients about everything from pitches and creative ideas to online ad specifications, performance metrics, and deliverable due dates.
- Build deep knowledge of Atlas Obscura’s brand and client offerings.
- Develop strong relationships with senior client and agency partners and with colleagues across the company.
- You have 4-6 years digital media/publishing experience with 2+ years advertising/branded content sales.
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for creative problem-solving and incredibly strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- You have a deep capacity for empathy and can juggle multiple relationships at once — you can be in touch with 20 people on three different continents without letting your quality of customer service suffer. You’re also comfortable doing this both inside and outside your own organization at varying levels of seniority.
- You’re able to work collaboratively and flexibly within a small team, focused on building a multi-platform media brand that means something to its consumers.
- You possess a passion for remarkable journalism and digital media.
- You are exceptional at task management and project management and have an eye for the little details that make a good presentation a great one.
- You are current with digital media trends, the branded-content and experiential marketplaces, social media and emerging platforms.
Compensation is competitive and includes commission and equity. Benefits for full-time employees include generous time off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.